Re: RARA-AVIS: Eighth Circle

From: Ron Clinton ( r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com)
Date: 28 Apr 2000

> He has that enormously popular short story in which the customer of the
famous
> restaurant wonders where the place gets its meat. Don't remember the name,
> though.

That's THE SPECIALTY OF THE HOUSE, a great short-story. Ellin, like Bloch, shines in this short-story venue and has a collection called THE COMPLETE STORIES OF STANLEY ELLIN (Mysterious Press) that collects all his stories from his seperate volumes. My favorite novel by him is DREADFUL SUMMIT, his first novel and, in my opinion, his best.

Ron Clinton