RARA-AVIS: Travanian: Hard Boiled and Soft Boiled Detectives

From: Keith Alan Deutsch ( keithdeutsch@earthlink.net)
Date: 27 Apr 2000

Thanks, Bob. I blooped and wrote "The Man" rather than "The Main" in my post. I think that that novel with its Canadian setting is very high quality writing. I loved Shibumi, also well written, for different reasons. The Sanction series is high quality mass market genre writing--not up to the two works mentioned above. Anyone read the recent Trevanian gothic western? Or the romance novel? Keith