Re: RARA-AVIS: Woolrich & etc.

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Apr 2000

I absolutely love Crews's work. I think his best books are THE KNOCKOUT ARTIST and CAR, but I've really enjoyed everything of his that I've found. I also think he wrote one of the great post-WW2 American essays, "Climbing the Tower", about the Charles Whitman shootings.

HB? Yeah, I think so, though his work does often take some strange, surrealistic twists and turns.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com