RARA-AVIS: Grover Brinkman and Bruce Cassiday

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 24 Apr 2000

Does anyone know anything about Grover Brinkman? Three of his novels have been translated into Finnish in the late sixties. The books tell about one Colt Youngblood, who seeks out adventures being some kind of a unofficial private eye. I've seen Brinkman's name in different occasions, but Hubin's bibliography doesn't know him. Have they just escaped Hubin's eye or are the translated books a product of the Finnish publisher's imagination?

Similar question could be applied to B. Cassiday's "The Heister". I know Bruce Cassiday, but according to Hubin, he hasn't written anything with that title. Does anyone know the book? Or does anyone anything by Cassiday that tells about a small-time crook who robs a bar and ends up shooting a police in the alley?

I'd be grateful for any kind of information.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi