RARA-AVIS: On Henry Miller and Joseph Chadwick

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 24 Apr 2000

Jason M. Boog wrote:

"Recently a friend of mine told me that he heard that Henry Miller wrote a private detective novel at some point in his career. I looked through a

lot of bibliographies, and found nothing. Would anybody on the list be able to confirm or deny this rumor? I would love to read a Henry Miller

private dick book."

I've seen pulp detective stories with H. Miller as an author. Whether he is Henry Miller, I don't know, but I seriously doubt it. The stories I've seen were translations, so there might be a chance they aren't even American ones.

Duane Swierczynski wanted to know about a Gold Medal:

"WHIP HAND by Joseph Chadwick"

Chadwick wrote Western stories and novels from the early fifties on. He also wrote some detective and spy fiction. I've read couple of his short stories and they were good examples of hard-boiled crime-oriented Western stuff. This one sure could be good.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi