RE: RARA-AVIS: DeLillo, Murakami, Kafka, hard-boiled definition

From: James Rogers ( jetan@ionet.net)
Date: 20 Apr 2000

At 11:39 PM 4/19/00 -0400, Tribe wrote:

>None of the PoMo guys have ever done any hardboiled, with the exception of
>early Burroughs. I'm hoping that Robert Coover, who has already done a
>series genre-benders, might someday tackle hard-boiled.

    No kidding. _The Universal Baseball Association, J. Hilary Waugh Prop._ is one of the best novels I have ever read.
    John Gardner certainly wouldn't have considered himself post-modern but he did do one take on the hardboiled detective book, published posthumously. Of course, he was a big fan of genre writing anyway.

                                 James