Re: RARA-AVIS: procedural

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 19 Apr 2000

Neil, I like your term for the Parker series, "anti-police procedural."

I can think of one book that might qualify as a "criminal procedural," The Anderson Tapes by Lawrence Sanders, which draws together numerous surveillance tapes which, if they had been pieced together by the various agencies involved, would have given them all the information they would have needed about an upcoming crime. Of course, the agencies do not cooperate. neat idea, though I wasn't thrilled by the execution.

Mark