RARA-AVIS: The Prey books

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 17 Apr 2000

On 17 April 2000, Hardboiled_Dick wrote:

: Certain Prey was a bit of an odd duck. I first got on to the series
: with "Winter Prey" and soon read most of the books but found a
: "sameness" about them that I grew tired of.

I picked up one of the series because it was popular on rec.arts.mystery, which, looking back, should have been reason enough to avoid it. I thought it was dreadful. I couldn't imagine actually reading all of them. Didn't seem hardboiled at all, either.

Bill