RARA-AVIS: RE:Hardboiled Music

From: Hardboiled_Dick ( hardboiled_dick@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Apr 2000

Mark writes... Then you will love Ace Atkins' Crossroad Blues, which directly engages the world of Delta Blues, as various blues fans and/or students search and kill over Robert Johnson's rumored last recordings, in the process looking into Johnson's death in 1938.
-------------- As I sit reading your comments I can see my copy of Crossroad Blues in my bookshelf. I enjoyed it very much indeed. Do you think that the big "corporate" blues venue is a thinly disquised
"House of Blues"? When it comes to "colour" and blues playing ability I have no preferences, I love 'em all.

R.W. Gough