Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Hardboiled Music

From: Z0MB0Y@aol.com
Date: 17 Apr 2000

I would also like to put in a good word for Mambo king Perez Prado. He has a wonderful sense of drama and suspense in his music. He was also very popular throughout the fifties, and his music would have been on radios of the era. His music was, without doubt, a singular inspiration for Mancini's "Touch of Evil" score. Of course, "Patricia" isn't very hardboiled. But when I hear "Espereme En El Ciello" ("Wait For Me In the Sky") and "Mambo En Sax" and "Pianolo" I see black and white visions of impending doom for squealers.