Re: RARA-AVIS: Arthur Lyons, MIA

From: TERRILL LANKFORD ( TOLANKFORD@webtv.net)
Date: 14 Apr 2000

I last saw Arthur Lyons at a writer's conference in Palm Springs three or four years ago. At that time Lyons was living in Palm Springs and was something of a local celebrity. I used to visit Harold and Jan Robbins out there fairly often and I'd hit the bookstores on my way out of town. Lyons' books were always featured prominently in the "Local Authors" sections and all the sellers seemed to know him personally. He was one of the driving forces behind the P.S. writer's conference so if he is still in Palm Springs he shouldn't be hard to track down.

He seemed like a really nice guy, although he was disgruntled about the nature of the book business.

Can't imagine why.

TL