Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled music

From: Tim Oliver ( CSEM@zianet.com)
Date: 14 Apr 2000

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but there's one hard-boiled movie soundtrack that did a lot to launch Rock and Roll. That, of course, was Bill Haley and the Comets doing Rock Around the Clock in Blackboard Jungle. Screenplay by Evan Hunter (Ed McBain).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Hagen" < billha@ionet.net> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 8:01 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled music