RE: RARA-AVIS: Re:Hammett & Chandler & Burroughs/Black Mask Hard Boiled

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Apr 2000

I'm not sure if this is the same book you're talking about, but out of coincidence I just bought Jack Black's YOU CAN'T WIN, the bestselling 1926 memoir of a hobo and small-time hood. According to the back cover, it had a big influence on the young Burroughs.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com