RARA-AVIS: Sallis

From: Paul Duncan ( paul.duncan@asml.nl)
Date: 07 Apr 2000

TL:

> I want to read another Sallis, but I'd
> like it to be one of the best he has to offer. I need rara assistance,
> please.

I'd recommend EYE OF THE CRICKET as his best Griffin. For me, the most intense of the 5 - it concerns fathers and sons losing each other, both literally and emotionally. The first LONG-LEGGED FLY is also very good. Well, all of them are. A couple of pointers: each time we flashback there is no guarantee that the same event (referred to in each book) will be interpreted the same way; we do not know who the narrator is, and s/he is unreliable anyway.

Enjoy,

- paul