Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled Sports

From: Anders Engwall ( Anders.Engwall@uab.ericsson.se)
Date: 06 Apr 2000

Kevin Burton Smith:

> At one point, I would have said hockey is hard-boiled, in the best
> sense of the word, but now it's just embarrassing.

For a brief moment I was tempted do pick up on a discussion on the game as such, but I'll restrain myself and point out that while I can only recall one single HB novel with hockey in it, that one is OTOH one of my all time faves. I'm of course referring to THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE. I recall the movie included some footage from a Bruins vs Blackhawks game, btw.

And what about football (I'm referring here to *real* football, no way am I going to use the s-word...)?