RARA-AVIS: Re: Sallis

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 06 Apr 2000

I haven't read Blue-Bottle Fly yet (haven't seen it in paperback), but my favorite Sallis, by far, is the first Lew Griffin, Long-Legged Fly. It is kind of four inter-related short stories, four missing persons cases spread over a 40-50 year period. I was blown away by the writing and the fractured, but solid structure. And the very good characters. I've liked the other Lew Griffins very much and will definitely pick up Blue Bottle when and if it ever comes out in paper, but they are all far more traditional PI tales than the amazing Long-Legged Fly.

Mark