Re: RARA-AVIS: JULIA

From: Racerick75@aol.com
Date: 06 Apr 2000

The scenes with Dash and Lilly are far too few in this excellent movie. At the time this movie is set (around the late 1940's), Dash had pretty much given up the ghost, while Lilly's star was rising. In one scene I love, Lilly and Dash are in bed, and Lilly turns to him and asks: "Dash, do I keep you from writing?" Hammett barely rolls over before replying, "Sleeping, Lilly. You keep me from sleeping." R

Richard Helms JOKER POKER, a Pat Gallegher Mystery coming in May from Writer's Showcase, an imprint of iUniverse.com Visit the <A HREF="http://hphosting.iuniverse.com/hpdata/Racerick75/">Murders In The Vieux Carre</A> website!