Re: RARA-AVIS: Whittington

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 05 Apr 2000

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 abc@wt.net wrote:

> I've even
> read the two "nurse novels" he did for Ace Books.

What do you mean "even"? Can't they be good literature?

> I'm not sure about the
> films. I know he was involved in a couple, and one of them might even
> have been made, but I'm pretty sure it was never released.

I'm pretty sure you mean "Face of the Phantom" Whittington made in 1960, which he wrote, produced and directed, but didn't sell it to the distributor. But "20th Century Crime &c." tells that there are screenplays also. I found only one in IMDB: Joseph Prieto's "Jungle Fireball" (1969), which seems to be some low-low budget film.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi