Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled music

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 04 Apr 2000

Bill wrote:

"Secondly, if music is so much a part of certain authors' work, perhaps their publishers should release CDs of the relevant pieces, say, when they release a collection or rerelease a series. How often I've wanted to hear just the piece being mentioned at the point it was mentioned, and not later, after I got the piece. I know--impossible, impossible."

It probably would be a nightmare getting the clearances to do something of that sort, but I can think of one who did it: Andrew Vachss released a CD of blues with his book Safe House. I can't tell you how it is, the book or CD, because I stopped reading the Burke books a long time ago.

Mark