RE: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled music

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 04 Apr 2000

Anthony wrote:

"To be fair though in American Psycho that's part of the plot ..."

Oh, I wasn't complaining, just noting it. I've only read a few pages, so I haven't really developed an opinion. Then again, it took less than that for me to decide not to read his first, Less Than Zero.

I do get the feeling from just those few pages that American Psycho is neither noir nor hardboiled, the tone and writing style certainly don't fit either (from what I know of its plot, reputation and controversy, I'd guess it's gothic). So it probably doesn't fit in here. I just mentioned it to show that the brandnaming compulsion is not genre specific.

Mark