Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Gores, DougPlugs, Elmore, Melons

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 04 Apr 2000

Kevin opined (or o-oaked or o-mapled, or something -- sorry, in a goofy mood):

"And am I the only one who got a kick out of MR. MAJESTYK? The best hardboiled book about watermelons I've ever read. And the movie ain't too bad either."

I liked Mr. Majestyk, also (the book, haven't seen the movie), but I like all of Leonard's crime fiction (one of these days, I've really got to get around to reading some of his westerns), especially his tight paperback originals, through LaBrava. Glitz was the first book of his that disappointed me a bit. Since then, it's been hit and miss for me. I'm now a few books behind on him, have read through Rum Punch. I've got a few later books, but haven't exactly been in a hurry to catch up.

Mark