RARA-AVIS: Whittington's war novel

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 04 Apr 2000

Has anyone read Harry Whittington's Vietnam novel "Doomsday Mission"
(not to be mixed with the U.N.C.L.E. book "Doomsday Affair"). I just finished the translation and found it very gripping at times. There was some anti-Vietnam stuff that I didn't care about and some macho heroism, but I liked the book.

Still on Whittington: "20th Century Crime and Mystery Writers" credits him with screenplays for couple of films titled like "Pain and Pleasure" and "Island of Lost Women". IMDB doesn't know these films. Are they porn flicks?

I must strike you as a lover of obscure matters. Why don't I read some proper Whittington stuff? I've read all I have been able to get my hands on.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi