RARA-AVIS: John D. MacDonald bio?

From: kip.stratton@ni.com
Date: 02 Apr 2000

I had lunch with Betsy Willeford when she was through Austin recently and she said that someone has written a major biography of the real MacDonald (John D.) and that it's supposed to be published either late this year or next year. I found this pretty exciting, since MacDonald has been woefully neglected by biographers (geez, I mean, the guy sold something like 80 million books, didn't he? how come no major bio?). Has anyone heard anything about this new biography?

Later...Kip