Re: RARA-AVIS: Stagger Lee and Blaxploitation books

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 01 Apr 2000

Oops, I don't know why I mixed up Rourke and Sean Penn in U Turn; I meant the former Mr. Madonna (which is another reason I find the opening scene of Reservoir Dogs so amusing -- Madonna's brother-in-law is sitting there listening to Tarantino's deconstruction of Like A Virgin).

I really do have to get started on the DC Quartet. I knew King Suckerman draws a lot on Blaxploitation, which is probably why Puff Daddy bought it. Is there any word on that film, by the way? I live in the DC suburbs and remember hearing about them scouting locations over a year ago, but I haven't heard anything else, so I'm pretty sure it hasn't gone into production.

Mark