Re: RARA-AVIS: Kayo Books

From: Colonell ( colonell@cwia.com)
Date: 31 Mar 2000

> The store is called KAYO BOOKS. They're at 814 Post Street, which is
> downtown on the edge of the Tenderloin. They've just expanded, taking
over
> the shop next door, so they have a lot more to display.
> If you're in town, I definitely think it's worth having a look. They
might
> also have a web page. If I can find it, I'll forward it to you.

I went to Kayo Books after reading something about it on Rara-Avis a couple of months ago. They have a great collection of hardboiled and pulp fiction. The clerk told me the owner has auctions on e-bay periodically. Their business card says "Vintage Paperbacks and Pulp - Mystery-SciFi-Counterculture-Sleaze." Their e-mail info is: kayo@sfo.com http://www.sfo.com/~kayo

R. Colonell