Re: RARA-AVIS: HB Horror?

From: Ron Clinton ( r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com)
Date: 30 Mar 2000

Anybody else read Farris
> or know of any other horror writers who might fit the
> HB bill? Anybody familiar with Ed Gorman's horror
> novels under the name Daniel Ransom? Always wondered
> if those were worth reading.

Gorman himself would say no - "Daniel Rancid" is how he sometimes refers to these works...when he's being polite about it. Personally, I think they're all pretty good - though the opening chapter of THE BABYSITTER and his last two (THE SERPENT'S KISS and one other whose title I can't remember) are particularly so. He also did two "hardboiled'ish" science fiction novels under that penname.

I'd also echo Monty's comments about other (sometimes) hardboiled horror authors to seek out. Each and every one his mentioned is spectacular.

Ron Clinton