RARA-AVIS: Re: Lynds/Arden

From: Victoria Esposito-Shea ( vmes@northnet.org)
Date: 30 Mar 2000

Juri,

>Someone told on this list earlier this winter that as Arden Lynds/Collins
wrote some Alfred Hitchcock
>and the three detectives novels. Which ones? Are all the books by Arden
also by Lynds or did
>someone else use the pseudonym also?

My extensive research on the subject (i.e. a quick peek through the series entries we have in the house) reveals that only a few in the middle were actually written by William Arden. Of the ones we have, the first several are by Robert Arthur, numbers 10 and 12 are by William Arden, and by the early to mid twenties they're back to Robert Arthur.

I think Kevin has a reasonably extensive bibliography on the Investigators over at the Thrilling Detective site, but I don't recall right off the bat whether he lists authors.

Vicky