Re: RARA-AVIS: Albert

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 29 Mar 2000

Bill Crider:

> Mark: Have I mentioned here that the Stone Angel series appears to have
its
> beginning in a big "thriller" that Albert wrote? The characters appear in
> a novel called THE DARK GODDESS.

Bill, I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I read the book. I 'm only theorizing, but it seems when Albert decided to write a pi series set in France, he revived Pete/ Pierre Ainge Sawyer and his partner, Fritz, a the character he had used in a stand alone book a decade earlier. The impetus must have been the fact that that point Albert was now he was living on the Riviera. Mark