RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V3 #151

From: Douglas Greene ( dgreene@odu.edu)
Date: 27 Mar 2000

Bill Crider

No formal interview with Hugh Cave. We just talked. He has, of course, done many interviews in recent years, and his recollections are available in his MAGAZINES I REMEMBER.

We did talk quite a bit about the pulp days, but more about Crippen & Landru's plans for a BLACK MASK collection. We also talked a great deal about current politics--he was for McCain.

Just sitting across the table from a legend was an extraordinary experience. Incidentally, Hugh is very much involved with what's going on nowadays--and he's on the e-mail (as, indeed, is jackWilliamson, an even older survivor of the pulp jungle).

Doug