Re: RARA-AVIS: New Ross Macdonald shorts

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 25 Mar 2000

There is an existing collection, Lew Archer Private Investigator. It says it is, "The First Complete Collection of Lew Archer Stories." It was published by Mysterious Press in 1977 in hb with an introduction by MacDonald.These were all published in magazines from 1946 to 1960. I was a litle disappointed because a lot of MacDonald's appeal to me is the long intricate backgrounds and connections that are uncovered as a book progressed. I dion't think the short story form is long enough for him to explore these. Mark