RARA-AVIS: Short stuff...

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 23 Mar 2000

Neil asked:

>How about this: essential hardboiled short stories?

Hey, that's almost what I've been polling (well, trying to poll) folks on my site about! (I'm actualy focussing on P.I. short stories). Alas, so far, the results have been pretty skimpy. However, if you guys wanna take a whack at it, by all means....

One problem with short stories --if you think some of the old books are hard to find, wait'll you try finding some of the old pulp stories! A lot of them are almost non-existent at this point.

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/ This month: The P.I. Poll on Short Fiction, plus new stuff from Hugh Lessig, Peter Parmantie and Dave White.