Re: RARA-AVIS: The Limey

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 23 Mar 2000

I wondered about how the idea for using the Poor Cow clips came about. No one has said that The Limey is a sequel to that film, but the character names are the same, and they are both thieves. Did the screenwriter plan it this way, or was it coincidental and lucky, or did they just adjust the original screenplay to fit the idea?

It's a cool movie. Visually interesting. Makes Hollywood crap look like hack work. And what a great story, a great noir villain (Fonda plays the guy's fear excellently), and I like that it mixes memory, current time, and wishes without being so heavy handed. Steve S believes the audience is smart enough to figure it out. Good for him.

NS
----- Original Message ----- From: John & Carrie < johncarrie@sprynet.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 11:10 AM Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: The Limey