RARA-AVIS: Reading list

From: msmartha@earthlink.net
Date: 23 Mar 2000

I would add The Green Eagle Score by Stark to the list. That's the one in which he comes up against a woman who is, shall we say, conflicted about him and looking for closure. The book is not quite the usual crime caper and this side plot provides an intriguing perspective on Parker. I loved reading how he deals with this woman and she with him until, of course, he gets fed up and blasts the whole she-bang to smithereens.

And what about McCoy's Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye? A bit dated, but still an important statement on nihilism and crime noir.

Martha