RE: RARA-AVIS: Haut's 'Pulp Culture' and Bunker books

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 20 Mar 2000

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, John & Carrie wrote:

> Yeah, that was a bonehead mistake that Haut made.

So what state was it?

> But, aside from that,
> Pulp Culture isn't bad. It's very egg-heady if you like that sort of stuff.

I just finished it yesterday. It wasn't bad at all, over-written at times, but the points Haut makes are interesting, especially regarding the works of Lionel White and the "negro" ending of Willeford's "Pick-up". There's a shortage of clever half-academic essays on the subject, so I'd welcome everything Haut has to say.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi