RARA-AVIS: Re: Pale Rider

From: Bill Hagen ( billha@ionet.net)
Date: 19 Mar 2000

>Your opinion aside, I believe Pale Rider was a remake of High Plains Drifter,
>not Shane. It's been awhile since I've seen Shane, but I don't believe he
>came back from the dead.

No, it's Shane. Small independent miners versus the combine, epic hewing of a rock instead of pulling a stump, little girl instead of little boy, hired gun(s) bring out THE gun, mysterious riding off into the great Out There.

Whatever Pale Rider is, however, it ain't hard boiled, unless you want to say that Clint's grizzled appearance carries all the Dirty Harry movies with him....

Bill Hagen
< billha@ionet.net>