Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Prather

From: Frank Glenewinkel ( frank.glenewinkel@Uni-Koeln.DE)
Date: 16 Mar 2000

On 16 Mar 00, at 12:38, Doug Bassett wrote:
> What do you guys out there think about Prather?

I have heard somewhere (might even have been rara-avis) that the Shell Scott serial was intended to be a Mike Hammer pastiche at first. The only Prather books I read were "Ride a High Horse" and "Way of a Wanton" (obviously an earlier book than "Kill Him Twice" as only 18.000.000 books had been sold at that time according to the cover blurb). Found them O.K. though more mainstream than Spillane.

Frank
---------------------------------------------------- Frank Glenewinkel frank.glenewinkel@uni-koeln.de