Re: RARA-AVIS: Deep Cover

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 12 Mar 2000

Various people have noted how good Bill Duke's Deep Cover is. I wholeheartedly agree. Not to downplay Duke's excellent direction, I just want to spread a bit of the credit to screenwriter Michael Tolkin. He's also got a pretty nice track record, as writer and occasionally director. Of course, there is The Player (w). Then there's Rapture (w
& d), a pretty harsh, noir look at a fallen lady who tries/seems to turn her life around. And Gleaming the Cube (w) is not even close to being the cheapy skateboarder movie the video box might make you think.

Mark