RARA-AVIS: air conditioned phone booths (whittington)

From: Mike Cunningham ( mike@imagebusiness.com)
Date: 12 Mar 2000

I am currently reading my first book by Harry Whittington ("Web of Murder") and will have to be adding this guy to my "blown away" list. I certainly look forward to reading more. I have a couple questions which I am hoping people with greater life experience than me can answer. First of all, at one point the main character is in an air conditioned public phone booth. I have never seen such a device. Are/were they common in any particular part of the states? At another point, he instructs a woman to "leave a Girl Scout cookie burning in the window". What the hell does that mean?

---
<mike><cunningham/>
<location>Durham, Ontario</location>
<webpage>http://www.cunningham.nu/>