RARA-AVIS: Leonard & Tarantino

From: Frederick Zackel ( fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 10 Mar 2000

It was Quentin Tarantino who avoided Elmore Leonard for a year, after changing parts of Rum Punch, including the movie's title, which became Jackie Brown. Your response from Leonard is accurate. Leonard told me when I interviewed him that once Tarantino bought the book, "it's yours." BTW, he was very pleased with QT's treatment. Which is why QT turned around and bought rights to an additional 4 Leonard novels. I believe Killshot is in production. Speaking of Leonard's westerns, QT will be doing Forty Lashes Less One.

Best wishes

Frederick Zackel