RARA-AVIS: egos

From: Charles Shafer ( cshafer@chipsnet.com)
Date: 09 Mar 2000

Dick Lochte gives up some interesting stuff about Rex Stout.

May I ask, Dick? Did all these writers have heads as big as US Senators, or were some closer to human?

Just by their style of writing you can pick up on their egos. The exception being Elmore Leonard. If he's one of that crowd, he sure disguises it well.

I once read where the director of a movie made from one of his books was afraid Leonard would be upset because he changed some stuff around. And that Leonard told him something on the order of, "What do I care? You bought it. It's yours to do what you want."

Doesn't sound like any US Senator I ever heard of.

Charlie Taylorville, IL