Re: RARA-AVIS: nero wolfe

From: pabergin ( pabergin@gte.net)
Date: 08 Mar 2000

Bob Toomey writes:
>Wolfe's a pretty tough cookie himself

Well, I don't think he's going to make many HB Top Ten lists, but it's true that he has his moments. He exhibits both a willingness to get his hands dirty and an unexpected athleticism in THE BLACK MOUNTAIN. And in another book, the title of which I can't recall, he kills an attacker in his office -- a woman -- by going upside her head with a beer bottle.

Now, that's dark alley stuff. It's easy to see that, by comparison, Brigid O'Shaughnessy got off easy. PB