RARA-AVIS: Speaking with the Dead/Wolfe

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 07 Mar 2000

Mark B. wrote:

>...though it's not a monthly book there has been a lot of discussion
>recently about Robert Crais' LA Requiem. It would be great if Crais would at
>least give us some hint about our (mainly Mark Sullivan and me )
>speculations of where the series can go now.

Well, just coincidentally, I'll be interviewing Crais next month. I'll ask him what the deal is. His next book is a non-Elvis called DEMOLITION ANGEL.

>if the author is dead I don't think this is a very good idea.

If he is dead, it's really going to put a damper on the interview....and it's just gonna play hell with his current book tour.

And I'm not sure, but I think Maury Chaykin might be Canadian--he's certainly done a lot of Canadian television and film work. Might be why some of you are unfamiliar with his work. But the guy's always been a great character actor, wherever he's from. One of those guys who goes in, does a character and gets out, but you spend the rest of the film wondering where you've seen "that guy" before. Nice to hear he did a good job on Wolfe.

Some Canadian Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/ This month: The P.I. Poll on Short Fiction, plus new stuff from Hugh Lessig, Peter Parmantie and Dave White.