Re: RARA-AVIS: two queries

From: Jim Beaver ( JUMBLEJIM@prodigy.net)
Date: 06 Mar 2000

It's my understanding that the term originates in the fact that opening one of these doors while traveling at a high enough rate of speed will cause the door to be ripped completely open by the airflow and, if you're still hanging onto the door handle, you'll go with it.

Having had an old Renault 4CV with suicide doors, I can attest to the fact that it's pretty easy to get yanked out of the car that way.

Jim Beaver