Re: RARA-AVIS: The Golden Spiders

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 06 Mar 2000

I, too, enjoyed THE GOLDEN SPIDERS. I don't think you could make a movie that followed the book any more closely than that one did. Big chunks of dialogue came verbatim from the book, and the plot was essentially unaltered. I also agree about the acting style, which was right out of 1954. Come to think of it, the movie wouldn't have been out of place on a double feature in 1954. I liked Chayin as Wolfe, didn't dislike Hutton as much as I thought I would, and appreciated the details of the brownstone, most of which they got right.

Bill Crider