RE: RARA-AVIS: The American Way (was serial killers)

From: Words from the Monastery ( anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Date: 04 Mar 2000

I watch movies and television too and I have not seen any that fit your criteria either ... maybe some examples here too would work. SotLs goes into the motivation of the killer (Buffalo Bill) to great detail drawing on the historical record from Ed Gein's life. Hannibal is less developed, but then he is a plot device not a prime character ... that antagonist characteristics of his presentation are a red herring to the actual antagonist Buffalo Bill, who we learn enough to catch a glimpse while our imaginations are used to accent the overall gruesomeness of the character.

Now the movie "Bag of Bones" is a bad movie where the elements are just tossed in there, but then again considering the conclusion of the plot that's the point ... in the end I just didn't enjoy the movie though.

Even the serial killer of the week plots from both Millennium and The Profiler went into the why of the motivation behind the killers actions.

volente Deo,

Anthony Dauer Alexandria, Virginia

"I know. We are ... the lucky ones." Bif Naked, 1999