Re: RARA-AVIS: The American Way (was serial killers)

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 04 Mar 2000

The original thread began when I agreed with Etienne about his dislike of this type of villain. In that I stuck to movies of which I have seen many. I said then movies are more important in influencing popular culture. It's only when I mentioned a Harris work as an example that you sprung to life. If you think Harris is the greatest thing since sliced bread that's fine. I have read enough reviews, comments on this list and seen the Oscar winning film made of his book to know I don't wish to read anything by " one of the most critically aclaimed authors of our time." Gee, I guess others on this list are wasting their time debating about Hemingway and Conrad. They should discuss Harris instead. Mark