RARA-AVIS: Re: Frank Miller

From: CraigET@aol.com
Date: 04 Mar 2000

BobT writes:

<< SIN CITY is definitely hardboiled/noir in style and content. Pick up a
 copy and flip through it. The artwork isn't like anything else Miller
 has done -- rather abstract, but interesting. >>

Let me second that recommendation. There are around half a dozen SIN CITY collections, and each collection is self-contained, but I would start with the first (entitled simply SIN CITY).

HARD-BOILED is a very violent, science fiction thing that Miller wrote, but was illustrated by Geoff Darrow. It's interesting, and some might say it is hard-boiled but it's not nearly as good as SIN CITY.

Craig T from Deep in the Heart of Texas