Re: RARA-AVIS: Frank Miller

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 04 Mar 2000

I agree with Bob. The SIN CITY story telling is wonderful, though, if a little cliche in a couple spots. The way he handles the material is good. On HARDBOILED, he was the writer to another guy's art (Geoff something, but it's slipping my mind). Then again, Miller's Batman work was noir, too.

More comic noir guys (great stuff all around): Brian Michael Bendis's Goldfish, Jinx, Sam & Twitch, and a new one coming soon; Greg Rucka is working on Detective Comics now; Lansdale is doing short stories for a comic called Flinch.

Neil Smith