RARA-AVIS: Gerald Butler

From: Paul Duncan ( paul.duncan@asml.nl)
Date: 01 Mar 2000

KISS THE BLOOD OFF MY HANDS- GERALD BUTLER

Hi JaneC,

I like this book. It reads like Steve Fisher's I Wake Up Screaming, only it was written the year before, in the UK, by an advertising copywriter who worked in the same place as Eric Ambler. This was Butler's first novel, an enormous bestseller, on a par with No Orchids For Miss Blandish. He wrote 5 other novels, some of them filmed - most famously Mad With Much Heart was filmed by Nicholas Ray as On Dangerous Ground/Dark Highway. I'm currently writing a small piece on Butler for my little book on Noir Fiction (see www.pocketessentials.com) out April in the UK.

Enjoy,

- paul