Re: RARA-AVIS: No, please, no

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 16 Feb 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Timothy S. Oliver wrote:

> > Could there be other unacknowledged links between hard-boiled and romantic
> > writing?
> No, please, no.
> We just finished with the tedious business of comparing horror books and HB.
> Please, please don't go here.

But I do (without even checking what had happened to this line of discussion): some minor hardboiled and paperback authors have dwelled in the romance genre (Tedd Thomey: "Killer in White", Norman Daniels: Doctor Kildare, Gil Brewer, Dan Ross as Rose Dana and other stuff, Michael Avallone as Edwina Noone (!) and other pen names.. even Stephen Greenleaf has his big romance book, the name of which escapes me). Maybe there is some connection...

Juri jurnum@utu.fi